Even though we like to focus on the foods you can eat but here’s a reminder of those tricky foods to avoid while wearing braces.
- Carmel apples
- Sticky candy (skittles, starburst, twizzlers , candy corn, etc)
- Taffy candy ( laffy taffy, salt taffy, sour patches, Sweden fish)
- Hard candy ( jolly ranchers, jaw breakers, suckers)
- Sugary gum (hubba bubba, double bubble)
- Crunchy food (popcorn, pretzels)
Crunchy, chewy, sticky, gooey foods can damage your braces which will require additional appointments and lengthen your treatment time.
Let’s get to the good stuff, those yummy yummy treats that are braces safe.
- Chocolate (Plain M&M’s, plain Hershey Kisses, 3 Musketeer Bar, Kit Kat, Resses Cups, Reeses Pieces, Chocolate Bars with out nuts or caramel, Nestle Crunch Bars, Snow Caps)
- Cakes (Birthday, Twinkies, Snow Balls, Ding Dongs, Zingers
- Ice Cream or Popsicles (no ice)
- Jell-O or Pudding
- Cookies and Crackers (beware of crunchy ones)
- Fruits — applesauce, bananas, fruit juice
- Powdery candy- pixy stix